Full Service Provider
Emulco, located in Ghent Seaport, has a one-of-a-kind, three tier production facility. We provide Lab to Pilot to Production all in one location. This makes us flexible enough to respond to specific needs and requirements, whilst being able to manufacture orders ranging from kilos to tons. Our unique array of chemical processing equipment and process expertise helps you reduce costs and significantly shorten your product development cycle. Because of our flexible way of working, our clients range from startup customers with no or limited manufacturing capabilities to the most well known chemical producers.
The services we provide include:
- Laboratory research
- Feasibility research
- Process development
- Multi-tiered scale up from pilot to commercial quantities
- Quality assurance
- Supply chain
Any specific requirements you might have will be met by our plant engineering staff, who are available to reconfigure our equipment or install customer supplied equipment in a unique cell as needed. Our Ghent Seaport plant has a 50.000 MT manufacturing capacity under one roof, with equipment arranged in modular manufacturing cells to increase flexibility.
Confidentiality of all projects is guaranteed under non-disclaimer agreements to protect customer intellectual property.
To ensure the high quality standard of your product we constantly analyze raw materials and finished products in our lab during the production process. Our laboratory is capable of conducting analytics, such as ph-value, water content, density, viscosity, particle size, FT-IR and rheology measurements in-house with our own equipment. Emulco collaborates with certified laboratories for more in-depth analysis like gas chromatographic analysis, UV-Vis-spectroscopy and HPLC. All results are documented and Certificates of Analysis are issued per manufacturing batch.
Our Emulco R&D team develops formulations and re-formulations in close cooperation with our customers. On request our chemical, analytical and technical know-how is at your disposal for all your needs.
Emulco’s installation is set up to homogenize, emulsify, disperse, blend and mix both liquid/liquid and liquid/solid combinations.
- 6 stainless steel blending vessels are available with capacities ranging from 350 liter to 15 000 liter. They are all equipped with cooling/heating coils and a selection of mixing devices.
- Two homogenizers with flow rates from 200 to 12 000 liters/hour at 600 bar and 2 colloids mills can produce a wide range of dispersions.
- We can handle raw materials and produce mixtures with viscosities up to 15.000 cPs at 160°C.
- Our 12 regular storage tanks ranging from 147 m3 to 300 m3 and 2 massive storage tanks of 1000 m3 and 1700 m3 can store raw materials and enable bulk blends.
Corresponding manufacturing reports document every step of all processed orders. All materials pass an entry control as well as routine checks during the manufacturing process. Outgoing goods need to pass an examination to have a final quality release. This structured reporting allows us to backtrack used materials and constantly improve quality.